ABCs of Patriotism
Want some practical tips? Here you go: It’s as simple as the ABCs.
B. Be Bold
Register to Vote
American Family AssociationEagle ForumLiberty CounselMovieGuideNational Right to LifeParentalRights.org Patriot Voices Priests for LifeTerri Schiavo Life and Hope NetworkD. James Kennedy MinistriesWallbuilders
Young People Become Voters
1. Encourage young people to talk with veterans and learn about their experiences and sacrifices on the battlefield and home front. If America’s youth would gain an understanding about the great sacrifices made to keep them free, they would appreciate our country and our veterans.
2. Educate the young people in your life about the wealth of opportunities and advantages that are available in America. Watch documentaries about third world countries and countries under tyrannical law. Or, if possible, visit a less privileged country. That way, America’s youth will value freedom and opportunities in a new way.
3. Have young people visit historical landmarks. It will make America’s history ‘come to life”. That way, they will appreciate our nation’s heritage on a personal level.
4. Encourage young people to read the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution. Explain the meaning of each document and allow them to appreciate the documents for themselves.
5. Help America’s youth become active citizens. Show them how they can make a difference in America. Educate the young people in your life about government practices and take them to political meetings and to your State Capitol.