ABOUT THE NATIONAL EFFORT
Operation Honor Heroes is a national effort to give tribute
where tribute is due. Our outreach called Operation Honor Heroes is associated with Unite the USA. It has a two-fold mission:
1. To honor and thank our veterans and their families
2. To educate America’s children
on the work and sacrifices our veterans have done for us
TO PARTICIPATE AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE
We would appreciate the opportunity to honor your
loved ones who have served. We will post a picture and accompanying information on our web site and social media. Thank you
1. E-mail a picture of your loved one who served to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Include your loved one's name, military branch, rank, and years of service.
3. Let us know if you would like other
key information shared as well.
5 WAYS TO HONOR HEROES
1. Let us help you honor the heroes in your life. If you
have a loved one who is a veteran or who is currently in the military, send Stacie and Carrie his or her picture, name, military
branch, rank to email@example.com. Unite the
USA will post the information online as a way to honor and thank them.
2. Be sure to set aside time to thank
our heroes. Thank them in person, on the phone, in a card, or through an e-mail.
During the summer months, many veterans and servicemen and women march in local parades. A good time to reach out
and thank them is after the parade. Watch for their military distinctions on their jackets and hats. Just earnestly
thank them. They will appreciate your appreciation.
4. Don't forget our hospitalized heroes
or elderly veterans in nursing homes. Send a colorful card, send a gift, or stop by and visit. Note: In God
We Still Trust and Unite the USA make great gift ideas! :)
5. Invite a veteran to dinner,
send a gift card to their favorite restaurant, or order/deliver a meal for them. Take him or a her a gift. Just do
something to show that you care and that you are grateful for their service.
WAYS TO TEACH KIDS ABOUT VETERANS
1. For starters, begin with the basics. Explain what a
veteran is and what that means. Children’s book on the subject can be helpful in the teaching process. Click here for children’s book options that are about veterans and patriotism. Visit your local library for more ideas.
2. Tell your
kids about friends or family members who have served our country. Show them pictures to make it more real and meaningful.
Introduce your kids to veterans. If you have a friend or relative who served, make sure your child has the opportunity
to meet him/her.
4. Attend a parade together. Often veterans are honored in parades. Afterwards is a great time
to meet and thank them.
5. With your child, write a thank you card or color a picture to give to a veteran. It means
so much to veterans to be remembered –especially by children…They are the future.
ABOUT STACIE AND CARRIE STOELTING
Operation Honor Heroes
is being led by Stacie and Carrie Stoelting. As sisters from Iowa and they are the founders of Unite the USA. The duo is on
a mission to honor and thank our nation’s heroes. Their previous work includes leading Operation Military Christmas
and the Honor a Hero Campaign. Stacie and Carrie have been endorsed by various leaders and their work has been repeatedly
featured by major media. Stacie and Carrie have recorded two albums, Heavenly and In God We Still Trust. They are
the authors of Unite the USA: Discover the ABCs of Patriotism.